Jumbles Juniors – Saturday Race Training
WINTER: 13 Jan, 10 Feb
SPRING: 10 March
WINTER: 10 Nov (Theory Day) & 8 Dec (TBC)
Saturdays sessions are usually open to Juniors who are competent single handed sailors (at least Stage 2), to work towards Stage 3 & 4 and develop skills for racing.
Members of this group should arrive to be rigged and ready to sail by 10:15.
If we have enough instructors we may be able to accomodate some beginner sailors at these sessions, please get in touch.
Theses sessions run in Spring & Winter – the water is cold and all children must be in suitable kit.
All sailors must bring:
- Thermals (under wet suit or dry suit)
- Full length wetsuit (ideally steamer) or dry-suit
- Buoyancy aid
- Warm hat (and spare if it’s raining)
- Sailing gloves (and spares for on-shore rigging)
- Spray top / aqua fleece
- Warm footwear: wet-boots with hot socks or similar
- Warm coat – for on shore / rigging
You will also need
- Warm clothes for after (including trainers and warm coat so you can take part in dry land activities)
- Drinks and snacks at break times are included
- Lunch is included
- Sessions will finish about 3pm
Cost: £5 per session including lunch